Florida Hand Center is a highly specialized treatment facility for hand and arm conditions established in 1999 by hand doctor Dr. Stephen L. Helgemo Jr., a board certified hand and arm orthopaedic surgeon. We are a team of skillfully trained and compassionate providers working to provide state of the art diagnosis and advanced hand treatment. We specialize in minimally invasive treatments and focus on cost-effective and efficient medicine to allow our patients to gain back the pain-free use of their hands and arms and return to the activities they enjoy.
Some of the most common conditions we treat include carpal tunnel syndrome, basilar joint arthritis, trigger finger, Dupuytren’s contracture, DeQuervain’s tendonitis, Ganglion cysts and cubital tunnel syndrome, just to name a few. Dr. Helgemo and Dr. Olarte are Florida’s leading carpal tunnel surgeons and has performed more endoscopic carpal tunnel releases than any other physician in the state for the last several years, according to data collected and provided by the ACHA.
At Florida Hand Center we provide a broad range of hand doctor services including:
- Examination and diagnosis
- Elbow, wrist, and hand surgery performed by a specialist, specifically trained in these conditions
- Urgent care for injuries including Worker’s Compensation
- Treatment with steroid injections
- Splinting and bracing
- Minimally-invasive nerve testing
- Specialized occupational therapy, specific to the upper extremities
- “In office” surgery including trigger fingers and needle aponeurotomy an innovative minimally-invasive treatment for Dupuytren’s Contracture
Our main facility is located in Port Charlotte, Florida, but we treat patients from a wide geographic area because of our expertise and focused medical practice. 25% of our patients travel from outside our immediate area to be treated at Florida Hand Center. Please contact us if you think we have a hand treatment that can help you or if you have any questions for our knowledgeable staff.